Philippine Digest

Best pinoy portal in Japan


Termination of Immigrant Visa


Dear Attorney Miyoshi, I read your column in the Philippine Digest. My question is as follows:

  • Can my Japanese stepfather have the visa of his wife (my mother) terminated? Or ended?
  • I have been here in Japan for 6 years now. I was 15 years old when my stepfather and my mother
    brought me over to Japan. I practically grew up here in Japan.
    Now the marriage of my stepfather and my mother is not going well anymore, and they are having
    problems. My stepfather is always threatening me that he will have my visa terminated.
    I have lived here in Japan since I was 15 and now that I am an adult in Japanese life and culture, I
    hardly know what life is now in the Philippines.
    What will I do if ever my stepfather can have my visa ended?
  • Is there anything I can do to continue to live here in Japan?
  • Can my stepfather have my visa ended and the visa of his wife
    (who is my mother) terminated, also?

Please help me.
“Michel” in Chiba-city

Office name: Miyoshi International Legal Counsel Office

Telephone/Fax (Japanese/English): 0463-61-6305 (Office) or 090-1436-4107(Mobile phone)



Address: Kanagawa-ken, Naka-gun, Oiso-cho, Higashikoiso 716-2

Nearest station: Oiso station by Tokado Line

Working hour/day: 09:00-18:00/Monday-Friday (Saturday by appointment)